Callaway Chrome Tour (Gold Box)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RandallC

Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today, I was able to finally try the Callaway Chrome Tour golf ball, gold box. I have the Tru-track version of the golf ball with the American Flags on it.

Distance
I was able to get the distance with this ball that was a soft feeling, long off the Tee. I found my strikes even when not perfect the ball would fly. I have a somewhat slower swing speed as a new golfer. I did not track each shot I took with this ball but it webt farther then other balls that I was also using today which was the supersoft also from Callaway.

Impact
The impact at the club face was felt but not jarring but you could tell when you hit the ball good and bad even without looking at the flight path.

Speed
The ball responded quite well to my chunks and mis hits and still gave me good speed when hit incorrect but the hits that I did get right the ball flew. Mid-height for me is great- remember slow swinging.

Played 18 today and these balls are amazing, the truvis design makes it easy to see and they fly so well.

For the amount of golf I play and the resulting RVGB syndrome, I have turned to more value based tour style balls of high quality. Lately, The Maxfli Tour golf balls have been the ball of choice. When on sale, I have been able to acquire them for less than $30 a dozen. Pre Pandemic, I was playing Snell three piece balls which you can get for in the low $30’s when buying multiple dozens. Their pandemic supply issues appear to have finally been resolved and they just released a new line up of tour balls.

RVGB Syndome: Rapidly Vanishing Golf Ball syndrome.

I just picked up another box of Chrome Tours. I understand the need but I have enough balls to hit the hazards with and mainly water.

Featured Reviews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamrichard
Back